At this stage, many of you may have a game, or a beta version, or have created one level.
Before you continue making games, take time to test what you have made. Great game makers are reflective and look at what they have done and learn from each other. So, in this session, take some time to look at what you have done and the game making tool you are using and consider some of the following questions:
GET OTHERS TO PLAY AND TEST YOUR GAME AND ASK THEM:
- What is the best part of my game?
- What is the part you don’t like as much?
- What is the easiest bit of the game?
- What is the hardest part?
- What do you think the story is?
- What do you like most about the main character?
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF:
- What are the limitations of my game making tool?
- What is my game making tool best at?
- How can I make a great game for the tool I am using?
- Have I remembered to get story, character and goal into this game?
Looking forward to another great session…Let us know in the comments what you have reflected on.
You can also have a notebook or paper, and get beta testers to write their comments or provide ideas or suggestions because you might not always be asking the right questions.